B.B.B. Chocolate Chunk Cookies


Brown butter bourbon chocolate chunk cookies.... With a touch of sea salt sprinkled on top. Yes, they are as rich as they sound. 

There are two things Southerners love in regards to their food - flavor (read: butter) and a little kick (usually a lot of heat but also a lot of booze).

I took a my go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe and made a few adjustments. 

I browned the butter before adding it to the sugar mix. Because browned butter makes everything better.

And I soaked some  raisins and walnuts (pecans would work nicely, too) in a little bourbon for a few hours (overnight is best). 

Make sure to set aside some cookie dough before mixing in the bourbon infused ingredients. (It's been my experience that little kids are not big fans of raisins, nuts or bourbon in their cookies.) This way the kids get a traditional chocolate chip cookie and the adults get one with more layers to the flavor. 

Enjoy!

No comments

Thank you for stopping by!